HELLLLOOOOOOO!!!! *waves* Does anyone still remember me and my (non-) existence?? hehe

Sorry.. was having A BIT of a writer's block.. Thus the hiatus.. *sheepish grin* You must be rolling your eyes, murmuring: "Yeah right.. What's new.. What bs".. 

I'm back with super backdated review, as far back as 14th Feb...

Being the only unattached ones left in my group of friends, we've decided to have a foursome dinner on Valentines day at Cilantro. It was definitely unusual because the attendant to my phone reservation had to repeat after me "Table for 4" several times before he confirmed my booking. 

Excuse me Mister, we like it crowded okay? =P

Greeted with assorted pastries and truffle butter.. Oh yumz.. Can i have a spoon to scope those butter into my mouth pls?? I'm a BIG FAT sucker for anything truffle.. Anything with the T word, i'm sold..

Had the tv playing some cooking show at the background while doing some other work the other day, as soon as Jamie Oliver mentioned the word Truffle, i looked up from my work and went "OooooOooooOO.. truffle.. *sniffles the air*"  :xwhatevah:  

Complimentary from the kitchen

Cold Capellini with King Crab and Tomato Coulis. 
I love the combination of the entire cold dish- how succulent the chilled king crab brings out the sweetness and freshness of the dish. I must comment on how brilliant the tomato coulis is done just so that it doesn't overpower the entire dish with merely tomato taste. Oh, not to mention the sprinkle of caviar.. 

Tip no.2 on how to bribe Crazieapple's tastebud: DROWN HER WITH CAVIARS!!!

Hokki and Scallop with Jus. 
Hokki is also know as surf clam; we voted this as our best dish for the night.. It's the most maddeningly delicious dish for the entire course, i would claim!! 
  Bresse Pigeon Salad

Almost forgettable dish as the meat was dry and uneventful. Not a big fan of walnut (or any kind of nuts) in my dish.. MOST Definitely not a grass-eater as well.. *Screams "MEATTT!!"*

Wagyu Beef Rossini

Being a well-trained monster eater from overseas,  this tiny toy was a mere appetizer to my stomach.. I've definitely had better wagyu than this and i've swore foie gras off my eating list after watching this cruel video of how they stuffed poor goose to death so that we'll get good fatty foie gras.. =( So i didn't manage to enjoy my main as much as i would like to. Credits to those smooth silky mash. But then again, how wrong can you really go with your mash??   :xwhatevah:

Maine lobster with Japanese Sole

Mel, Crazieapple, Elyn

Who's the lucky guy?  :xlaughing:

Please excuse my friend as he develops a weird habit of stuffing everything rod-like into his mouth.. haha 
I KID!!

Thanks for the dinner DBB!! 

Raspberry Granite with Mascarpone Ice cream

Three types of Chocolate

Dark chocolate being my favourite, the other chocolates were nothing to scream for except "Serviettes PLEASEEE"! They were melting by the time they were being served to us!!! Bless our Msia weather..
Our magnum- sized wine which we were having a difficult time finishing as i wasn't allowed to drink too much as i was working as driver round the clock.. =(

My overall dining experience at Cilantro was rather disappointing. Probably due to the fact that it's valentine's day. You're meant to eat overate, poorly prepared food just because you have to... My indulgence for the dinner basically ended at course number 2 (Hokki and Scallop), everything after that just sort of went down to the drain.. And really, being called Cilantro, one would expect a more spectacular dinner than this.

I'd definitely like to give it another try on a normal operating day.. Hmmm.. Are they still serving the cod's sperm??  :xlaughing:  

6 comments:

Michelle Chin said...

Go to sage instead! I went there on a normal lunch day and I did not like my foie gras either.

Baby Sumo said...

Dont see cod sperm on their a la carte menu, they have cod sperm at Hanare la.

Crazieapple said...

Michelle: yea.. i think it's quite overrated.. =( but i'll still give it a try another day

Babysumo: my friend had it before but they probably changed the menu already.. =p

Ms. Jazz said...

Finally this is out! hehe

Sharon said...

Cod sperm?? D: How's that taste like??

Anonymous said...

giannis shoes
nike sb dunks
fear of god essentials
goyard outlet
kd shoes
hermes belt
hermes
bape hoodie outlet
pg 1
kyrie irving

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails