Refer to our previous post here


It was our baby Abs’ birthday, DISH was not our initial choice of celebration, but we were glad we made it. You’ll probably be familiar with her pretty face by now- and yes she is one of my fine dining companions, we’ve been through a lot of exploring together didn’t we? Thank you babe for being there for me whenever my fine food craving hits, for not questioning my choice of restaurants- simply adventurous enough to go with the flow, and to not complain when it was one dinner that went bad. I know I can count on you. *laughs*



Roasted Bone Marrow (RM44)

There isn’t many restaurant in town that served this dish, hence do not drop by DISH without trying their famous Roasted Bone Marrow. Popular in their own rights, The rich and delicious tasting plate consist of 3 bone marrows served with some salsa and toasted bread. Scoop out those gooey liquid- on toast or by itself. It was DIVINE



Pan Fried Foie Gras served with sweet muscat sauce and grapes (RM56)
Always a safe dish to go about. Still good as how I remembered, with a hinge of sweet flavors. The only problem was, the sizes were barely two thumb-sized. If you read about our experience with foie gras at home here, you'll know why we find this PUNY! :)


Scallops (RM56)

Pumpkin Soup (RM21)
Decent, but quite unmemorable.

Lamb Shank Pasta (RM56)
The Lamb Shank Pasta here should not go unnoticed. A hearty portion filled with rich and robust lamb shank stew, and generous meat shreds made this dish a winner. The penne was cooked slightly softer than al dente

Australian Wagyu Marble 8 Rib-eye Steak


IS our RM1000++ Wagyu Marble Grade 8 Steak @ DISH really worth what we paid for it?

We’ve ordered the Wagyu Rib-eye which cost RM138++/100g. It wasn’t too cheap, I know... but who can put a value into a good piece of steak. (Especially not in KL) Being shared among 3 girls, we figured 700+grams would be a safe portion. The steak has good marbling with the right balance of fats and lean meat. Now, here’s the issue, we have a different preference of level of doneness. I liked mine slightly leaning towards medium, while my friends, rare and medium rare. But fortunately, the steak came out just right, and by that I mean the perfect pinkness and tender almost melt in your mouth texture. The seasoning was to the minimal, which suits me just fine (with selected sauce on the side). While I miss my Gu Yue Tien’s Kobe beef, this steak would definitely satisfy my carnivorous cravings for awhile.



Our bill came up to RM360/person with wine (RM170).

^^

De Bday Girl


US <3

7 comments:

Baby Sumo said...

Roasted bone marrow sounds interesting. Never tried it before. There is a famous restaurant in London famous for its bone marrow, St Johns, have you tried it b4?

Michelle Chin said...

Hey where is this dua annexe place? Is it at dua residency?

The bone marrow looks nice. hehe

AugustDiners said...

Baby sumo: noooo.. But wud keep it in mind when I go to London next time! Thx for sharing!

Michelle: yes it's same as dua residency. Look as nice as it taste :D

Sean said...

yikes, i've definitely not managed to taste a steak that costs more than RM1,000! looks really drool-worthy though! :D

AugustDiners said...

Sean: really? But I think u wud not hesitate to pay for them if it's good right?? Hehe :D

Rebecca Saw said...

OMG! Yes, I would pay fr a good steak!

AugustDiners said...

Rebecca: yay!! We think alike hehe

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails