A meal in Bistro-A-Table is easily enjoyed. I’ve heard nothing but praises for this 11-days old French bistro tucked away in a quiet row of shops of PJ Section 17, directly behind Decanter.
I confess I’m a little bit of a Francophile – I like all things French-I love French for their fashion, for their food, and for their wine. Oh yes, I love French guys in particular.

Headed by the young and attractive Private Chef Isadora, (what a nice name, I’m naming my kid Isadora- regardless of its gender) , Bistro A Table interior was minimalist, with uses of light curtains which enhances diners privacy, suspended light bulb hanging loosely above the head allow a dimly lighted space and soaring French music uplifted the mood of the place.


Their menu choices are somewhat limited, but there are some very tempting items like caesar salad soup, and deconstructive tiramisu that had me waiting in anticipation. I was told that these menus are not a fixture and will be reviewed from time to time in a short span of a week or two. Chef Isodora mentioned that she has all these crazy dishes going through her mind and she can’t wait to present it to her diners. Ah, I can’t wait.

Aside from the regular bistro menu, you can also look out for their degustation menu that will be available every first Monday of the Month. With an extravagant 12 courses to devour and dwell on, it is no wonder that their July Degustation reservations have been fully booked. The fact that the degustation cost RM500 per pax did not to deter people from making reservation well ahead of time.


My much anticipated Caesar Salad Soup (RM18)-is beautiful in presentation- a soft-boiled egg hidden shyly within the confine of a crisp toast, on top of a bed of green (soup). I looked left and right then, hoping my counterparts know how to drink this in a proper manner, do we break the eggs and toast to be toss & devour with the lightly puree salad soup? After slight deliberation, we gave up all pretenses and jumbled everything together. Turns out to be a good marriage in flavors and definitely try worthy


Then there was the Duck Parfait (RM19) that didn’t leave a lasting impression to me. But that’s just personal preference as my friend happily woofed down chunks of the creamy content with the thinly baked toast.


I like the simplicity of the coddled egg with maple syrup (RM16) that’s served with crouton dust and asparagus spear. With a little crouton dust, Spoon out the glorious runny eggyolks that was sweeten by the syrup. Mmm.. Mmm.. It reminded me of a dish I had once in Melbourne’s Bistro Vue.

Down to the main course, we went with three finalist: Traditional duck cassoulet (RM48) instead of the beans on the side, ours was served with lentils. Slipper lobster and sea urchin linguine (RM132) which cost as slippery as the lobster and Seafood Bouillabaisse (RM58) which I believe is not what the actual dish is called, but too bad I have no reference in other food blogs for this dish to copied from. Oops, trust me not to do my homework, let’s just call it seafood stew shall we?


Duck Cassoulet (RM48) was done in a perfect succession. The slow cooked duck flesh has an almost fall off the bone texture, come with a crispy skin, and robust sauce which twinge of sweetness.



My slipper lobster linguine (RM132) is one of its kinds. While I questioned whether the price is justifiable, it was to no doubt that I was smidgen with this dish. On first bite, I thought it was a regular tomato based linguine which was slightly sourish. But as I find my way through this dish, I became addicted to the subtle flavours of sea urchin which blends really well with the fresh tomato paste, and there was no skimming with the lobster pieces as I enjoyed the succulent large bite-size pieces



The Seafood Stew was O-K. A seafood lover’s delight using variety of fresh seafood pieces on a light garlicky soup base.

Desserts. Desserts. Desserts. Now I’m really geared up to write! As I’m always overly excited for dessert more than anything else (except for French men that is) They always tend to bring me to a stage of childlike bliss, and thankfully, Bistro A Table desserts are ones that are noteworthy.

One glance through, and the first that caught my eye was the terribly alcoholic tiramisu. (RM29) which indeed live up to its name, and I shall declare it the most “GAO aka strong” tiramisu in town. While we thought the Kaffir lime and lemon tart was decent (RM15), we would recommend you the chocolate fondant (RM18) which was sinfully good. Just think of those oozing dark chocolate made me want to go back for more.

Terribly Alcoholic Tiramisu

Kaffir Lime and Lemon Tart



Chocolate Fondant
To pair with an enjoyable night is a Chilean medium bodied wine Terramater Merlot (RM140).




Our meal comes out to approx RM185 per person. Sorry for the ill quality food pictures, I tried in vain to get the settings right under the dim lighting, but u know me and my noobness with all things electronics…sigh! it was then during my main course that I remember another camera that was stashed in my car, thank god for user-friendly lumix!

Ratings:

Food: 7.5/10

Ambience: 7/10

Service: 5.5/10

Presentation of food: 6.5/10

Overall: 6.5/10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bistro a Table
6, Jalan 17/54
PJ
Tel: 03-7931 2831
(reservation recommended, open only during dinners and closed on monday)

10 comments:

J said...

OMG. :) I was at the noisy table (sort of) next to yours filled with all those ppl with so many cameras.

J said...

(Unless I saw wrongly? Hmmmm. *looks at ur photos again* You were there last night, right?)

Augustdiners said...

J: yesss i was there :) did u have a good meal? i sorta figure the table was filled with food bloggers, whats the the huge cameras and all hehe.

J said...

What a coincidence! If only I knew it was you at the time - would have been nice to meet u in person. :)
(I had the duck too - definitely enjoyed it...)
(Haha. I hope we weren't sticking out like a sore thumb! It was all bloggers but only about 60% Food Bloggers...)

Michelle Chin said...

you have pretty dining companions ah... :D

Baby Sumo said...

This is the place to be huh... guess I better head over soon!

Augustdiners said...

michelle: they'll be happy to hear that :D

Baby Sumo: yes it is indeed, hurry go try~

ulric said...

New camera?...weird that the photos could be that dim...hmmmmm...

Augustdiners said...

ulric: manage to make some adjustment to the camera, it was the ISO set too high me thinks.. hehe!

Rebecca said...

Was told that the dishes were all a tad salty?
Me & PA wanted to head over but we kinda halted our plans cos of our friends' feedback. Well, they r non food bloggers - hahah.. since all the food bloggers is gushing abt this place..

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails