It was such a short decision to organize this birthday party, the process was a little hectic since I’m the sole planner this round nevertheless fun altogether and I wished to share it with everyone.
Before I bombared you with endless pictures, I’d like to share some tipper for a good party in Augustdiners context:

1. ALCOHOL

Don’t be surprise this is rank number one priority for us, I think in all our parties held, we’ve never had one without alcohol. Alcohol makes your guests happy (faster), and this in turn makes the hostess happy. You win both ways so make sure you have plenty of those.

2. THEME/OCCASION

We always have a theme to a party, either house party or party outside, it’ll be good to know what kind of mood you want to set. It can be an elegant party where everyone is dress in pretty cocktail dresses, or a fun party, where the hostess can have the pleasure to instruct guests to wear a certain something (how about a bikini/pyjamas/Disney dream party?), prepare appropriate music to suit your party theme.

3. FOOD

The way through a guy’s heart is through their tummy, is what the old sayings say. But this rule really applies to all humans, so of course you’ve gotta feed your guest well, or semi-well to prevent them to be alcohol influenced too easily (you don’t want the party to end early, do you?). Your food choices need to tie back to your party theme! I’m often most excited planning this part.

If you’re not too passionate about cooking your own food, you can choose the easy way out, e.g. POTLUCK where everyone bring their share of food, hotpot where you just need to buy all the ingredients, or lok lok (just hail lok lok van and let your guest enjoy themselves with the skewers)

4. CROWD

Whenever there’s a human involve, it tend to complicate things, because we are complicated. (Admit it people!)

So, in drafting out your guest list, you’ll want to know the capacity of your party venue, whether guest actually know each other, whether they’ll click with each other. Sometimes it’s good to include some fresh faces because people are often love to know new friends (but not too diverse that you’ll spend most of your times running few ways making sure your friends are having fun equally and miss out on enjoying your own hardwork)

5. ENTERTAINMENT

Something to keep guest occupied is necessary. E.g. poloraid cameras for plenty of camwhoring, board games, karaokes, dices etc. I’ve kept a set of games for the just in case situations- but mostly alcohol often does the job. Hence it being ranked no. 1. HEHE

For this party, I’ve decided to do a bit of cocktail party style, hence plenty of finger food, not too messy albeit one that people can finished in one bite. Bear in mind my guests are coming after work at 9pm, they’ll be starved, so I’ve also prepared some customary carbo food. The night started off with a little hiccups, all because of my last-minute personality that believe I have time to do everything last minute. HAHAHA! My party starts at 8.30pm and I am still out grocery shopping at 7.30pm! Worst thing is one of my guests arrived early and stranded outside my house for one hour waiting for me to go home.

So with one hour left till the party starts, and no food on the tables, how bad can it turn out?

Luckily a lot of my finger food has been prepared by my Chefs, so all I had to do was the plating! Which is NOT as easy as it looks, because…. I haven’t got out all the plates from my storage area yet. *roll eyes*

OK lets start with the food shall we?


Tomato Bruschetta, Creamy mushroom bruschetta


Cold Smoked Duck Risotto




Spicy tuna on cucumber boat, creamy chicken on celery stick


Prawn Cocktail


Crab Salad


Down to Carbs Carbs Carbs! Pizzas!

Tomyam Meehoon


Nachos with fresh guocamole, tomato salsa, sour cream and japelenos

Now now lets move on to the drinks shall we?

I got home a keg of STELLA ARTOIS draught complete with the whole engineering works, Oxygen tank, ice box and all. Curious how the internal looks like?


The cooler instantly chill the beer that run through from the keg.
Ahhhh it was absolutely fresh.
One barrel can tap close to 90 pints


KK helping himself


There was my customary welcome drinks- red pussy its called


My guest was having fun with the cocktails
Strawberry daiquiri

Blue margarita was yums


Zhong seems to know what he's doing, cuz his concotions are absolutely delish!

The guests mingle and tingle

Then there was desserts! My usual Tiramisu and isnt this absolutely adorable??!?!?!

Bride and Groom strawberries!
Sorry, a bit melted at this point


Looking handsome indeed!


How cute do they look together?


How about some dice games in between?

My guests that make everything possible, including getting the inbeatable Ms. Jazz drunk,
it wasnt a pretty sight, im afraid.
So here's some photos before i stop caring whats going on and being in my own little world. *laughs*










Whisky neat. haha! Such a good sport =)


We were born on the same day! *loves*




Yup im officialyy one year older! (:

10 comments:

Baby Sumo said...

Happy Birthday!

Caroline said...

Happy birthday to u!! :D

Ms.jazz said...

Aww thanks guys, altho my birthday was like 10 days ago hahaha u know how i am with my procrasinating :D

Michelle Chin said...

happy BELATED birthday. :)

ulric said...

Happy Belated Happy Birthday! :)

Sean said...

another happy belated birthday wish! y'know how some people can celebrate their birthday for an entire month, right :D your recipe for a birthday party sounds like a recipe for success, all right =)

AugustDiners said...

Michelle, uric: danke!! (that's thanks in German hehe)

Sean: what! N remind ourselves how old we're getting for an entire month? I couldn't go thru with the depression hAha! Thx for de wishes (:

ulric said...

Willkommen! (Welcome in German) :P

Chasing Food Dreams said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! The party looked Fabulous.... thks for sharing the tips!

AugustDiners said...

Food dreams: thank you!! Hehe I hope it's useful for you (:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails