Crazieapple is obsessed with Pinterest. I can’t blame her, since everything in there is so inspiring and pretty. It gave us a lot of good ideas on planning a party, and we had the perfect opportunity, coincidentally two of our sisters have their birthday dates pretty much back-to-back from each other. And they are turning 16th and 18th respectively, which is a pretty BIG thing for kids apparently. It came out of the blue that Crazieapple asked whether we should plan a surprise party for my bratty sisters. I was like, whom are you kidding, the proposed event date was only 4 days apart, abut when she was showing me all these very pretty photos (I admit) from pinterest which convinced me and got me really excited.
So first thing first, we had to set a budget for ourselves, knowing otherwise we would go crazy splurging. I won’t say how much but it was definitely 4 figures. So, then we had to choose a location- which was pretty much a no brainer, we chose Silver Spoon of course, because then we can do whatever we want with much flexibility and the best thing is, it’s the most unsuspecting place too!
Then came our real planning, for once we agreed on the same thing, our color theme was baby pink and tiffany blue!! Combination that works wonders! Since me and Crazieapple hardly see each other at home due to work, we communicate everything through our smart phones, and boy were we distracted at work for the past few days.
Counting down: Day 3
Get the important items sorted out first!! Those that require a little bit of preparation works
1. Ordered pretty cupcakes from wondermilk- 2 boxes
2. Ordered custom make birthday cake that fit the theme
3. Backdrop! What’s an event without it? I worked with my supplier to print out a big tarpoulin banner with their names on it.
4. Invitation of Guest- Thanks to facebook, we were able to track some of their best friends to spread the word. REMEMBER to tell them it’s a secret, secret, secret!! We made them wear all white of course and swear not to tell, because we had special plans for the birthday girls! Hehe!
Counting down: Day 2
1. Menu confirmation- We opted for finger food, easy to bite items, but also have selection of cook to order items to fill the tummies.
2. Plating arrangements- Start planning on table settings, and decorative arrangements, to list down all the items we need to buy
3. Double check on budget!! This is where things can get a little bit out of hands. (or in crazieapple’s hand …a lot, luckily I am really strict on budgets) Many times found her sulking because I refuse to let her buy certain things.
4. Planning for entertainment- Photobooth!! More on this later
Counting down: Day 1
1. Shopping + Errand time!! We borrowed props from all over KL hahaha, take for example I nabbed my friends chocolate fondue fountain from her bangsar home, and Crazieapple took the “LOVE” decorative from her friend’s boutique.
2. Confirmation of RVSP and attendance, make necessary adjustment to food quantity!
3. Present shopping!
4. Cake shopping- need to buy a small one for “show” =P
5. Backdrop delivered, test run on installations.
6. We had a function in Silverspoon that night where our client booked up the whole restaurant, so Crazieapple and myself have to wait till the party ended before we can start decorating. So we were there from 11.30pm- 2.30am!!! *yawns* Barely had our eyes open then… why do we not have such problems with clubbing ??
The Decor: (major credits to Crazieapple)