Cava, a Spanish restaurant (it's just a co-incident that me and Ms Jazz are reviewing two Spanish restaurants back 2 back) located on Jalan Bangkung, off Jalan Maarof in Bangsar.

Along Cava, there're a handful of interesting restaurants which caught my attention (like Tea for Two at the corner) and i'm intending to pay another visit here sometime soon.. Opus, which Ms Jazz reviewed on is also next door.. I'm guessing this neighbourhood restaurants are pretty favourable to those who stays nearby..



Pretty decent interior design and casual dining experience


Wide range of wine and champagne selections..
(OooOoo.. Did someone just mention CHAMPAGNE????)

Not too crowded with only 10 tables being allocated..

I particularly love restaurants that doesn't give u a suffocating feeling where you have to sit shoulder to shoulder brushing to the next table, overhearing next table's conversation.. Can someone spell p-r-i-v-a-c-y??


Though risking myself by overdosing on alcohol (had a pint of beer for HappyHour before that), we ordered a jug of Sangria shared btw 3.
The Sangria there was really good! RM90++

We were complimented with corn nachos and salsa dip..

Food for thought: Are corn nachos supposed to taste a bit "masuk angin" (not very crispy)??
I was told by the waitress that there are supposed to be like that.. and I wasn't convinced at all!!


My wild mushroom soup

(I must have a really refined tastebuds cause apparently i was the only one among 3 of us who could taste an after taste of bitterness- the kind of bitterness you get from cheap chinese mushroom)

Lamb balls pasta

(I'm sure the name wasn't just "lamb balls", but i just can't remember the funky name of it)


Valencia Paella shared btw Mel and me..
Wasn't good at all.. The rice was either undercooked or burnt, combined with not the freshest seafood available. With quality like this, i'm surprised that they could introduce their paella as their specialties in the house.
RM38.50 (single serving)

The lamp post.. hehe

Mr B and Crazieapple


Ratings:
Food: 6/10
(Mr B commented that it is a very different dining experience and it takes very adventurous tastebuds to accept the food here.)

Service: 8/10
(very attentive attendances)

Ambience: 7/10
(casual neighbourhood dining experience)

Presentation of food: 6/10

Overall: 6.5/10
71, Jalan Bangkung,
Bukit Bandaraya, 59100 Kuala Lumpur


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vеry good site you have here but I was curious abоut
if уou κnew of any forums that covеr the same topics talked about hеre?
I'd really like to be a part of community where I can get comments from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Feel free to surf to my web site :: australia travel guide

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails